Update: Important notes for Sunday’s ride:
Thank you for supporting our second annual East Bay Tour de Biere and helping raise funds for the East Bay Bike Coalition. We’re looking forward to a beautiful day of riding around the East Bay. We wanted to remind you of a few logistical things in preparation for the ride:
- Arrive via Public Transit – The North Berkeley BART is a 6 minute ride from Trumer. Here are the bike directions – http://g.co/maps/rzuhb
- Check-In is at 930. Trumer tour starts at 10 – If you you’re late, you might not be able to catch up with the tour group.
- Bring Your ID – Your ID is your ticket. You don’t need to print anything out. We’ll be checking 21-and-overness and crossing your name off the attendee list as you check-in.
- Bring Water – You’ll want to hydrate between breweries.
- Bring Flat Fixing Gear – you don’t want to be left behind because you couldn’t fix your tube.
- Bring Snacks – Clif has provided light snacks, but not enough to fuel you until dinner at Pyramid (~630pm).
- Bring Money – There will be both complimentary beer and discounts on beers and food.
- Bring a Lock – Some breweries will have places for us to store our bikes, but some will require us to park in the street.
- Bring Lights – By the time the ride’s over it’ll be dark.
- Expect to ride about 20 miles – This might be a lot or a little to you. Plan accordingly.
- Download the GPX coordinates (if you’re tech savvy) – You can put these in your favorite GPS enabled device to help with navigation. We’ll be splitting into two groups eventually. Leisurely riders, follow this 18.7 mile route: http://thegrandcru.org/GPX/TDB_A.gpx. Speedier riders, follow this 20.8 mile route: http://thegrandcru.org/GPX/TDB_B.gpx)
- Follow @thegrandcru on twitter – We’ll be using the twitter to communicate to the group throughout the day, so you should follow us. You’re welcome to use the event hashtag #tdb2012 to communicate with the rest of the group.
We’re looking fun and safe ride on Sunday.
The Grand Cru
Join us for a day of biking and beer in the East Bay!
The Grand Cru presents: Tour de Bière 2012, our 2nd annual bike crawl through some of the finest breweries the Bay Area has to offer. Last year’s ride was a great success, so we are excited to bring this event to SF Beer Week once again! We’ll be visiting several East Bay breweries and chatting with the craftsmen/women that are defining the East Bay brewing scene. While you drink great brews, you’ll also be helping raise funds for the East Bay Bike Coalition – an organization who’s working to promote bicycling as an everyday means of transportation and recreation in the East Bay. As part of your entrance fee donation, you will receive a wrist band which will get you complimentary tastings, tours, and discounts at the participating breweries.
Here’s the current itinerary (currently subject to change):
Sunday February 12th, 2012
$25 (proceeds to benefit EBBC)
9:30a-10:00a: Check-In @ Trumer Brauerei
10:00a-11:30a: Complimentary Tour & Tasting @ Trumer Brauerei
12:15p-1:15p: Complimentary Tour & Tasting @ Linden Street Brewery
3:30p-4:30p: Discounted Imperial Pints @ Elevation 66
5:00p-6:30p: Complimentary Tour & Tasting + 30% Discount on Food @ Pyramid Brewery
(We’re sorry. We’d love to accommodate more riders but there are unfortunately practical limits to the size of the tour groups that our East Bay breweries can handle. We do beer rides almost every month. Follow us on facebook, twitter, or join the Google Group mailing list if you’d like to stay in touch.)
Check back here or follow us on twitter (@thegrandcru) for updates.